Cubash: New Website Suggestion Megathread

Started by Icseon, 2 weeks ago

Replies: 145  Views: 467

Icseon

Administrator

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:14:19 PM

Hello community,

I am looking for suggestions for the new site. Please do not suggest new features for the legacy/old website, they will be dismissed entirely because no more updates will be made for that version.

I have two main questions
--
1. What should be changed?
2. What can be improved?

Guidelines
---
1. Things like: "The new forum is bad", do not help. Please describe why the new forum is "bad" in your opinion.
2. Do not post things like "add trading", be descriptive. What exactly do you want Cubash to do, and how you would like trading to be added to the website.

Things we already know about
We are aware that the new site is lacking some features. This is because I am not sure how to implement them yet, or how they would look like. I want it to look unique and different from the old website, there goes a bit of designing in the background to make this happen. With that out of the way, here are the planned and currently, missing features:
---
1. The store page, the page you use to find, sell and purchase your items.
2. The new asset creation page(s). I am getting an idea on how to approach this one, but suggestions are of course, very welcome.
3. The users page, the page you use to find new users and to see how any users there are and to find users by username. I'm not quite sure how I would create this page, the old one actually looks good as well.
4. The games page. I have a general idea on how that will look like, however we aren't quite there yet.
5. The upgrade page to purchase premium.
6. User profiles, I'm again not entirely sure how that would look like. Design concepts would be welcome, but I wish to be unique, so be free to think out of the box.
7. The chat, dashboard wall posts and friend system. I consider all of these to be one feature.
8. Guilds and trading. I know how to approach those features, however I wish to finish the more important ones first.

Thank you for thinking with us and shaping the future.

benny

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:17:32 PM

Make it so you can buy differnt head please!

Copper

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:17:46 PM

the new forums performance are slower than the old forums
you should probably speed it up

Dragonoth

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:19:06 PM

In the new website please make the users tab work because I use that a lot to see who is online.

Ezekia

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:19:11 PM

new body types?

Icseon

Administrator

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:19:37 PM

@benny
I have always been against the idea of adding heads due to the fact hats wouldn't fit all of them. They would introduce a compatibility issue.

@Copper
This sounds like an isolated issue only you are experiencing. I have seen many positives from many people especially with how fast the new site is. What part is slower for you?

Copper

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:20:40 PM

I said "forums", meaning that i'm talking about the whole entire site
when you create a post, its kinda slower tbh

Niick

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:21:56 PM

make that when you are gonna buy a hat it will pop-up a warning saying: " Are you sure u wanna buy this hat?"

I accidentaly bought some items because of this.

Dragonoth

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:22:08 PM

2. Do not post things like "add trading", be descriptive. What exactly do you want Cubash to do, and how you would like trading to be added to the website.

basically you can trade with anything more than 100 to 200 cubes and you can trade cubes aswell so you can make fair trades if you dont have the items but have the cubes

Icseon

Administrator

Posted on: Sep 13 2020 06:23:16 PM

@Dragonoth
We are already working on that.

@Ezekia
We want Cubash to have a lot of customization options. This is an idea for later, but this post is mainly about the new website.

Copper
Yes, there is an extra step involved. There is a captcha now. Doesn't mean it's slower. What do you mean with: "the entire site"? I didn't know the entire site was the forums.